NELMS designated 34 Spotlight Schools throughout New England, based upon evidence and observations made during a site visit as well as the school’s rigorous self-study.
“The Scofield staff has a great deal to be proud of,” said Scofield Principal Scott Clayton. “The teachers at Scofield are very passionate about the unique and effective nature of our program.”
According to Spotlight Schools Coordinator Kathleen Hill, “The visiting principals spent a full day at Scofield and observed a variety of indicators that make it evident that Scofield continues to make progress and is committed to effective instruction, collaboration, teaming and a solid understanding of the young adolescent.”
NELMS also specifically commended Scofield on the following:
• Staff is dedicated to the middle-level child and a program that will meet their developmental needs.
• The master schedule allows for both pure teaming and a flexible approach to the scheduling of each team’s academic time.
• The Advisory program meets the needs of both academic and social emotional need of students.
• An exhibition project that the conclusion of the 8th grade year demonstrates the skills that students have acquired over the course of their three years at Scofield.
• An ‘After-school’ program that meets the needs of all students.
• Students, parents, and staff form a very tight community that promotes a highly positive school culture.
• Dedicated interdisciplinary teams promote the best possible outcomes for each child.
© Copyright by Canaiden. Some articles and pictures posted on our website, as indicated by their bylines, were submitted as press releases and do not necessarily reflect the position and opinion of ConnecticutPlus.com, Canaiden LLC or any of its associated entities. Articles may have been edited for brevity and grammar. Photos without a credit line are "contributed photos".
Top of Page